Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells
- 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach
- 12 ounce package jumbo shells
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups cottage cheese
- 1 ½ cups (6 ounces) grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 25 ounce jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and the jumbo shells. Cook according to package directions for al dente. Be careful not to overcook the shells or they will fall apart as you fill them. Drain and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool.
- Meanwhile, defrost the spinach in the microwave. Using a clean kitchen towel, wring out the excess liquid. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl stir together the ricotta, cottage cheese, half of the grated mozzarella, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Stir in the spinach.
- Scoop the filling into the shells and place in a baking dish. (Any size will work- I usually portion the shells out into a few baking dishes according to how many my family will eat per meal. Directions for freezing extra shells are below.)
- Pour the marinara sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes; uncover and bake for 5 minutes more until cheese is melted and shells are hot. Serve immediately.
Make Ahead Instructions:
- Shells can be prepared up to the baking step a day in advance. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake and serve. You may have to add 5 minutes to the baking time for refrigerated shells.
- Alternatively, you can freeze unbaked shells for up to 2 months. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it down close to the shells. Cover with a lid and then place in freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator for a day before baking as directed above.
Schezwan Vegetable Dosa Recipe
Dosa Batter as needed
Butter as needed
Schezwan Sauce as needed
Cheese as needed
For Vegetable Filling:
Oil – 1 tsp
Cabbage – 1 cup sliced thinly
Carrot – 1 medium size sliced into strips
Capsicum – 1 sliced thinly
Onion – 1 medium size sliced thinly
Schezwan Sauce – 1.5 tblspn
Take dry chillies and cut the top open. Remove the seeds out of it. You can just invert it and roll between your hands, the seeds just fall off. Now take the chillies and add it to a sauce pan. Add 1 cup of water and bring it to boil. Simmer it for 5 mins.By this time the chillies must have plumped up. Drain chillies. Reserve the water, you need that for grinding. Take the chillies in a blender add the reserved water slowly and make them into a paste. Set aside till use.
Now heat oil in a sauce pan. Add in garlic and ginger. Fry it for couple of mins.Now add in the chilli paste and mix well. Now add in ketchup, soya sauce, salt, sugar and pepper. Mix well.Simmer this sauce for 5 to 8 mins.Now the sauce is done. Cool this and store in a clean air tight container refrigerated.
Heat oil in a pan till smoking hot, add in all veggies except sauce. Toss well for 2 to 3 mins. Now add in schezwan sauce and toss well. Set aside.
Heat a tawa, make dosa thinly, now dollop a tsp of butter and little schezwan sauce. Spread it evenly. Now top with veggies and cheese. Fold and serve.