Healthy cream cheese strawberry stuffed french toast
- 4 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons whole grain bread crumbsdivided
- 1 tablespoon sugardivided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamondivided
- 8 strawberries hulled and sliced
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons oil divided
- To make the filling mix the cream cheese with the honey and set aside.
- In a shallow dish whisk the eggs and milk together.
- On a large plate combine 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, 1/2 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan. To assemble the French Toast, spread a slice of bread with 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture. Top with two sliced strawberries and cover with a second slice of bread. Coat first with the egg mixture and then with bread crumbs. Fry over medium-high heat until golden brown and crunchy, gently pushing down on the edges of the bread to seal.
- Continue the same way with the other six bread slices. Halfway through wipe the plate with the coating mixture clean and mix the rest of the bread crumbs, sugar and cinnamon for making the other two French Toasts.
- Serve warm with additional strawberries.
Canapes chaat recipe
Canapes – As needed
Potato – 1
Corn (frozen) – 1 cup
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Chaat masala powder – 1 tsp
Lemon – 1
Coriander leaves, chopped – 3 tblsp
Sev – As needed
Green chutney – As needed
Red chutney – As needed
- Here, this is the pack she sent and its whole without breaking too!
- Deep fry it in oil as we do fryums and vadams. Make sure you fry it well from all sides. That is use your ladle to immerse and fry it evenly. But make sure you don’t change the shape of it as when it is hot, it easily changes its shape. Drain in paper towel keep aside.
- Chop onion finely, de-seed tomatoes and chop it finely as well. And assuming you have both the chutneys ready (you can grind and keep refrigerated the previous day) and corn can be cooked in microwave at no time. Even if you want you can cook potato in microwave too. Gather all other ingredients, keep everything ready.
- Mix onion, tomato, chaat masala, red chilli powder, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix a quarter part of it with the cooked corn. If you want, you can add salt in corn. At the time of serving, arrange the fried canapes in a large tray, place either potato + onion tomato mix or corn mixture in the canapes.
- Add a dash of red chutney and green chutney and top with sev.
- Adding lemon juice, chaat masala and red chilli powder is according to your own taste.
- Fill the canapes only at the time of serving.