Til chikki, made with sugar and jaggery is often made for Uttarayan (kite flying festival). It can be prepared in a matter of minutes.
- 100 grams sesame seeds / til
- 100 grams jaggery
- 2 tablespoons pure ghee
- Roast the sesame seeds / til in a heavy bottomed pan on a low flame for about five minutes till they start to make a popping sound.
- Remove from the pan and transfer in another bowl.
- In the same pan add two tablespoons of ghee and the jaggery.
- When the jaggery begins to melt, keep stirring till it melts completely.
- Add the sesame seeds / til and stir to mix evenly.
- Transfer on a greased plate or any flat dish with smooth surface. You must apply a little amount of ghee on the plate so that the chikki comes off easily.
- Roll it flat with a greased rolling pin and cut into squares while the til chikki is still hot.
- As soon as thetil chikki cools, transfer into an airtight box. The til chikki can be stored for weeks.